This visa is for points-tested skilled workers who are nominated by a state or territory government agency. It allows you to live and work in Australia as a permanent resident.
You might be eligible to apply for this visa if you were invited. When DIBP sends you your letter of invitation, you must also have.
– Nominated an occupation that is on the relevant skilled occupation list
– Obtained a suitable skills assessment for that occupation
– Not yet turned 50 years of age
– Achieved the score specified in your letter of invitation based on the factors in the points test
– At least competent English (you may need to have higher English language ability to score more points, if need be)
– Been nominated by an Australian state or territory government authority.
This is a permanent residence visa. It lets you and any family members who have also been granted this visa to:
– Stay in Australia indefinitely
– Work and study in Australia
– Enrol in Medicare, Australia’s scheme for health-related care and expenses
– Apply for Australian citizenship (if you are eligible)
– Sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence
– Travel to and from Australia for five years from the date the visa is granted (after that time, you will need a resident return visa or another visa to return to Australia).
You can also access certain social security payments (subject to waiting periods).